Meetings are held the 3rd Friday of the month, with the exception of December, and are held in Munger Cottage in Riverlight Park on Hudson Street, Cornwall, NY, behind the Cornwall Library at 395 Hudson Street. The actual address of Munger is 183 Main Street and is accessible from Hudson Street. Meetings start at 7:30PM and usually finish by 9:30PM. OCARC offers VE sessions at 6 PM prior to every meeting.
Area Map 41.440832, -74.024669
- February 16- Regular Meeting and VE Session
- March 16- Regular Meeting and VE Session
- April 20 – Regular Meeting and VE Session
- April 29 – Hamfest and VE Session
- May 18 – Regular Meeting and VE Session
- June 15 – Regular Meeting and VE Session
- June 22, 23, 24- Field Day and (VE Session on June 23)
- July 20 – Regular Meeting and VE Session
- August 5 – Club Picnic
- August 17 – Regular Meeting and VE Session
- September 21 – Regular Meeting and VE Session
- October 19 – Regular Meeting and VE Session
- November 16 – Regular Meeting and VE Session
- December 2- Club Holiday Party
About Munger Cottage
Munger Cottage is one of two remaining structures built in the early 1930s by the Emma L. Hardy Association for the Blind. Munger was used primarily as an arts and crafts center for the hundreds of adult and child visitors to “The Blind Home.” While the exact origin of the “Munger” name is unclear, it was probably that of a benefactor of the Association for the Blind.
The Town of Cornwall acquired these buildings and property, now part of Riverlight Park on Hudson Street, in the early 1970s. The American Legion post permanently occupies the second cottage.
Munger Cottage has seen much repair and expansion to permit regular year- round community use. Senior Citizens enjoy hot lunches and fellowship each weekday. Local organizations may also reserve the facilities from the Town for meetings and functions, at no charge, on a “time-available” basis.
Adapted from a Spurious Emissions article by Andrew Maroney, W2SON